Many people enjoy a glass of wine after a long day at work, but did you know that there are benefits to drinking wine on a regular basis? Ask any of the wine experts at Martin Brothers Wine & Spirits in New York, NY. The shop has been providing the community with the best selection of wine, scotch, tequila, champagne and more for over 30 years. The store's collection is unmatched, and they are known for having the biggest single malt selection in the Upper West Side.
As any wine connoisseur will tell you, there are many advantages to drinking a glass of wine throughout the week:
- Increases longevity: There is a 34% decrease in mortality among wine drinkers as opposed to those who indulge in beer or spirits.
- Reduces risk of heart attack: Wine presents a 30% decrease in heart attack risk among those who suffer from high blood pressure.
- Reduces risk of heart disease: There are procyanidins within red wine that naturally protect against heart disease.
- Reduces risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Those who drink wine have a 30% less risk of developing Type 2 Diabetes.
- Reduces risk of stroke: Believe it or not, the chances of having a blood clot-related stroke are reduced by 50% when you drink wine on a regular basis.
- Reduces risk of cataracts: Wine drinkers have a 32% less chance of getting cataracts than those who don’t drink wine. Also, they have a 43% less chance of getting cataracts than those whose drink of choice is beer.
- Reduces risk of colon cancer: Red wine is known to present a 45% decrease in developing colon cancer.
So, now that you’re aware of the benefits, it’s time to take a detour to Martin Brothers Wine & Spirits , located on 108th Street and Broadway. Call the shop at (212) 222-8218, or visit the website and browse through their endless selection of wine and spirits.