Trendsetters, take note: The outlook for summer 2017 has fashion-forward shoppers heading to the mall to snag the season’s hottest styles. The new wave of fashion is all about striking the perfect balance between fun and functionality, featuring pieces you can transition from work to a night out with ease.
As New York City’s best shopping center, The Mall at Bay Plaza in the Bronx shares a preview of what you can expect to see hitting the streets this summer:
- Bare Shoulders: Everywhere you look, mall storefronts are lined with off-the-shoulder tops, rompers, and dresses. Bare your shoulders this season with flirty pieces featuring necklines hitting the upper arm. As an added bonus, you’ll stay cool on the hottest days!
- Nautical Colors: Bold navy blues, crisp whites, and pops of yellow are making their way onto shelves. The classic colors are timeless summer must-haves, so take this opportunity to invest in statement pieces like handbags, trousers, and fitted dresses.
- Updated Shirtdresses: The shirtdress has been rising in popularity recently, but today’s styles can be found in bold hues like bright blues and even neon. Pair with nude pumps for a sophisticated look, or mix and match colors for the perfect brunch outfit.
- Florals Galore: Florals always seem to make their way into spring and summer styles, but this year is different. Now, it’s all about head-to-toe floral prints. For a flattering style, choose rompers, jumpsuits, and dresses with dark backgrounds. Or, choose a bright print for a fun vacation look.
- Strategic Slits: Leg slits are easier than ever to pull off with the latest selection of dresses. Mixing sheer fabrics with slits hitting just the right spot on the leg makes these pieces ideal for anything from date night to running errands.
Come stock up on summer’s must-have pieces at The Mall at Bay Plaza! For more information, call (718) 208-2750, or visit the mall’s website to view their store directory.