Going out with friends is great, but sometimes you just want to stay in and have a good time. You can convince your friends to stay in too if you can actually make the drinks they want. If you’re out of scotch, bourbon, or red wine, chances are they’ll leave you behind to check out that bar down the street that’s filled with wine and spirits. It’s up to you to show your friends that you don’t have to go out to get amazing drinks.
Martin Brothers Wine & Spirits has these tips for stocking your bar so you can keep the party at home:
- Get All The Basic Supplies: There aren’t too many basics, but they’re all pretty important. They include a bar spoon, muddler, cocktail shaker, blender, strainer, and jigger. If you’re planning a party in advance, don’t forget the ice, too.
- Splurge a Little on Glasses: Sure, you could pour your wine and spirits into regular glasses, but why would you? Quality scotch and bourbon deserve the proper vessel.
- Remember the Mixers: Orange juice, soda, tonic, and cranberry juice should be enough to get you through.
- And the Garnishes, Too: If you want to really go all-out and impress your friends, garnishes are the way to go. Pick up some bitters, olives, maraschino cherries, citrus, and cocktail onions to be prepared.
- Learn a Few Drinks: Having a well-stocked bar won’t do anyone any good if you don’t know how to make a few drinks. Plenty of websites show you how, as do YouTube videos.
When you’re ready to stock your bar with wine and spirits, turn to Martin Brothers Wine & Spirits. Their wide selection includes scotch, champagne, white wine, and bourbon. To learn more, call (212) 222-8218.