Is your car prepared for winter? As the team at Mt. Healthy Auto Repair in Mt. Healthy, OH, explains, many of the maintenance tasks you take care of during the fall can have a major impact on your car’s ability to safely navigate winter roads. As this auto shop notes, some services should never be overlooked.
Make sure to include the following items on your fall auto shop checklist:
- Brake Repair: With icy road conditions, keeping your brakes in good shape is more important than ever. Getting your brakes inspected before winter arrives could be the thing that helps you avoid a winter accident.
- Windshield Wipers: Snow, sleet, and ice can greatly reduce your visibility while driving. Consider installing winter wiper blades that are better equipped to keep your windshield clear.
- Check Your Tires: Your tires need to be operating at peak performance to maintain a firm grip in icy weather. Check your tires for signs of excessive wear and replace them if necessary—at the very least, make sure they are adequately inflated.
- Fluid Check: Oil, engine coolant, and windshield wiper fluid are just a few of the vital fluids that should be inspected before winter arrives. Consider switching to a winter-grade oil and windshield fluid so freezing temperatures don’t affect your car’s performance.
- Emergency Prep: Make sure you’re prepared for any situation by packing a winter emergency kit in your car. Road salt, blankets, jumper cables, and even a snow shovel can make all the difference in helping you get out of a dangerous situation.
No matter what type of auto repair you need, the team at Mt. Healthy Auto Repair will be able to get your car back on the road in no time! To learn more about the services offered by this auto shop, visit them online or call (513) 522-9555.