Car maintenance is more important than ever during the winter months. During the spring, summer, and fall, the worst you have to worry about on the road is rain. In the winter, your car needs to be prepared to handle snow, ice, freezing temperatures, and severe road conditions. Mt. Healthy Auto Repair in Cincinnati, Ohio, wants to make sure that you stay safe on the road with a few maintenance tips.
Visit the auto shop to make sure that your car is ready to handle the winter weather with the following checklist:
- Replace Windshield Wipers: First, you need to make sure that you have new wipers that can handle freezing rain and snow. Mt. Healthy Auto Repair has all types, kinds, and sizes in their shop.
- Check Your Heater & Defroster: You don’t want to get stuck on the side of the road without a heater or unable to drive because your windshield has frosted up. Ask Mt. Healthy Auto Repair to check your heater and defroster.
- Battery Check: Cold weather can be hard on your battery. Make sure that it’s not weak, corroded, or loose by bringing it to Mt. Healthy Auto Repair.
- Get Winter Tires: If you’re new to Ohio or you have a new car, it’s a good idea to change out your basic tires for tires that can handle ice, deep snow, and more.
- Get An Engine Performance Check: Finally, the best thing you can do is ask Mt. Healthy Auto Repair to perform an overall engine performance check to make sure that everything from your transmission to your oil and filters are in top condition.
Once your car is in working condition, you’re ready to drive this winter. Just remember to accelerate and decelerate slowly, and go below the posted speed limits if you feel unsure. If your car hits a patch of ice, you should pump the brakes to slow down; don’t just slam on the brakes. Also, don’t stop on a hill or follow too close to other cars.
Mt. Healthy Auto Repair wants you to stay safe on the road all winter. Call their car repair business at (513) 522-955 to schedule maintenance, or visit their website for more information.